Jumping right into the deets of this post, I picked these 4 lippies up from said store in the title–ULTA!!
I was holding off getting these for a while because I saw reviews of them and didn’t know if I’d like them. I got 2 free since I bought two, I believe they retail $9.
It’s Friday so I’m giving you a short review. Here are my thoughts because I did wear one for the majority of the day yesterday.
- Affordable ($9)
- Variety of colors
- Smell is tolerable
- Doesn’t have a drying matte feeling, it’s comfortable
- Lasts about 5 to 6 hours
- Removes easily (at least with Aquaphor)
- Doesn’t stain
- Isn’t a dried matte finish more like a creamy matte finish.
- Pink formulas apply patchy
- Takes 10 minutes or more to dry to a non shiny matte finish.
- Starts fading in the middle of your lips horribly, it bunches up and looks like your lips are chapped.
In my opinion when shopping for liquid lipsticks, keep in mind that lip creams won’t always dry to a matte dried finish–if that makes sense. With the Milani Amore matte lip creams they did dry down to a dried hard
My favorite color of this bunch is the purple-vamp color (Allusive).
Have you tried these lippies? If so how do you rate them?